13th Annual International Conference on Architecture
Academic members responsible for the conference
- Dr. Nicholas N. Patricios, Vice President of Strategic Planning & Analysis, ATINER, Dean Emeritus & Professor, School of Architecture, University of Miami, USA.
- Dr. Clara Germana Gonçalves, Head, Architecture Unit, ATINER & Researcher, CITAD (Centro de Investigação em Território, Arquitectura e Design), Lusíada University and Invited Assistant Professor, Lisbon School of Architecture, University of Lisbon, Portugal.
- Dr. Fatih Rifki, Academic Member, ATINER & Professor, Montana State University, USA.
- Dr Anna Hooper, Academic Member, ATINER, Coordinator, Lecturer, Lead Tutor, Ormond College and Melbourne School of Design, The University of Melbourne, Australia.
- Dr. Maria João Dos Reis Moreira Soares, Academic Member, ATINER & Associate Professor, Lusiada University – Lisbon, and Research Fellow, CITAD – Research Centre on Territory, Architecture & Design, Portugal.
ATINER will accept remote (online) presentations of 15 (fifteen) minutes in cases that onsite presentations are not possible by the speaker. Please note that many attendees including those who present a paper may choose the online option. However, ATINER will provide full fledged services (lunches, dinners, excursions) even if one participant presents onsite.
The Architecture Unit of ATINER, will hold its 13th Annual International Conference on Architecture, 3-6 July 2023, Athens, Greece sponsored by the Athens Journal of Architecture.
The aim of the conference is to bring together academics and researchers from all areas of Architecture. Areas of interest include (but are not confined to): Individual buildings and building types; History of architecture and the built environment; Architectural theory; Developments in construction; Town planning; Allied arts such as painting and sculpture; Social Research examines the people who inhabit and use the spaces of architecture; Technological Research studies the physical materials, methods, elements, systems, and science of architecture and the design and construction processes;
Environmental Research investigates the physical context of architecture, opening timely questions about the influence of society on environment; Cultural Research studies place-making and the norms of the inhabitants of natural and built places past, present, and future; Organizational Research examines the ways in which individuals and teams collaborate in the practice of architecture and in the client organizations; Design Research considers the processes of shaping and making of places; Educational Research examines the pedagogies of architecture and related fields.
You may participate as stream organizer, presenter of one paper, chair a session or observer. Consistent with the theme of ATINER’s small academic events, all programs may include a few sessions on current topics in education and research.
Please note that all our conferences are non-thematic as explained in our policy (click here). However, academic members and friends can take the lead to organize and chair a stream as part of this conference. Please click here to see our members’ and friends’ small symposium proposals to be organized as part of this conference.
Please submit an abstract (email only) to: email@example.com, using the abstract submission form by the 4 April 2023 to: Dr. Nicholas N. Patricios, Vice President of Strategic Planning & Analysis, ATINER, Dean Emeritus & Professor, School of Architecture, University of Miami, USA or Dr. Clara Germana Gonçalves, Head, Architecture Unit, ATINER & Researcher, CITAD (Centro de Investigação em Território, Arquitectura e Design), Lusíada University and Invited Assistant Professor, Lisbon School of Architecture, University of Lisbon, Portugal. Please include: Title of Paper, Full Name (s), Current Position, Institutional Affiliation, an email address and at least 3 keywords that best describe the subject of your submission.
If you want to participate without presenting a paper, i.e. organize a stream, chair a session, review papers to be included in the conference proceedings or books, contribute to the editing of a book, or any other contribution, please send an email to Dr. Gregory T. Papanikos, President, ATINER. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
———————————————————— Photo Gallery ————————————————————