23rd Annual International Conference on Sports: Economic, Management, Marketing & Social Aspects
Academic members responsible for the conference
- Dr. Gregory T. Papanikos, President, ATINER.
- Dr. Maria Kosma, Head, Sports Unit, ATINER & Associate Professor, Louisiana State University, USA.
- Dr. Maria Konstantaki, Research Fellow, ATINER.
- Dr. Chris Sakellariou, Vice President of Finance, ATINER & Associate Professor of Economics, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- Dr. Philip G. Cerny, Director, Social Sciences Division, ATINER & Professor Emeritus, University of Manchester (UK) and Rutgers University (USA).
- Dr. Henry Thompson, Head, Economics Unit, ATINER & Emeritus Professor, Auburn University, USA.
- Dr. Sharon Claire Bolton, Vice President of Research, ATINER & Emeritus Professor, The Management School, University of Stirling, Scotland.
- Dr. Cleopatra Veloutsou, Head, Marketing Unit, ATINER & Professor of Brand Management, University of Glasgow, UK.
- Dr. Valia Kasimati, Head, Tourism, Leisure & Recreation Unit, ATINER & Researcher, Department of Economic Analysis & Research, Central Bank of Greece, Greece.
ATINER will accept remote (online) presentations of 15-20 minutes in cases that onsite presentations are not possible by the speaker. Please note that many attendees including those who present a paper may choose the online option. However, ATINER will provide full fledged services (lunches, dinners, excursions) even if one participant presents onsite.
The Sport, Exercise, & Kinesiology Unit of ATINER organizes its 23rd Annual International Conference on Sports: Economic, Management, Marketing & Social Aspects, 8-11 May 2023, Athens, Greece sponsored by the Athens Journal of Sports.
The aim of the conference is to bring together academics and researchers of all areas of sports. Participants can present on sports topics within broad streams of research areas. Areas of interest include (but are not confined to): the Impacts of Olympic Games, Professional Sports, Sport-Scheduling, Sports Tourism, Sports Law, Sports Communication, Sports & Media, Sports & Society, Sport Psychology, Sports Violence, Sports & Education, Sports & Ethics, Sport Technology, Sports and Computer Applications, Sports & Information Technology, Sport Services and Sports History. Also, special sessions will be organized for individual sports (soccer, football, baseball, basketball, handball, ice hockey, tennis, car racing, gymnastics etc). Consistent with the theme of ATINER’s small academic events, all programs may include a few sessions on current topics in education and research.
Please note that all our conferences are non-thematic as explained in our policy (click here). However, academic members and friends can take the lead to organize and chair a stream as part of this conference.
Please submit an abstract (email only) to: email@example.com, using the abstract submission form to: Dr. Gregory T. Papanikos, President, ATINER or Dr. Maria Kosma Head, Sports Unit, ATINER & Associate Professor, Louisiana State University, USA. Abstracts should include the following: Title of Paper, Full Name (s), Affiliation, Current Position, an email address, and at least 3 keywords that best describe the subject of your submission. Decisions are reached within 4 weeks.
If you want to participate without presenting a paper, i.e. organize a stream, chair a session, review papers to be included in the conference proceedings or books, contribute to the editing of a book, or any other contribution, please send an email to Dr. Gregory T. Papanikos, President, ATINER & Honorary Professor, University of Stirling, UK (firstname.lastname@example.org).