13th Annual International Conference on Urban Studies & Planning
Academic members responsible for the conference
- Dr. Nicholas N. Patricios,Vice President of Strategic Planning & Analysis, ATINER, Dean Emeritus & Professor, School of Architecture, University of Miami, USA.
- Dr. Clara Germana Gonçalves, Head, Architecture Unit, ATINER & Researcher, CITAD (Centro de Investigação em Território, Arquitectura e Design), Lusíada University and Invited Assistant Professor, Lisbon School of Architecture, University of Lisbon, Portugal.
- Dr. Virginia Sisiopiku, Head, Transportation Engineering Unit, ATINER, & Professor, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA.
- Dr. Jesus J. Lara, Academic Member, ATINER & Professor, The Ohio State University, USA.
- Dr. Giulia Pellegri, Vice Dean & Associate Professor, Architecture-Polytechnic School, University of Genoa, Italy.
ATINER will accept remote (online) presentations of 15 (fifteen) minutes in cases that onsite presentations are not possible by the speaker. Please note that many attendees including those who present a paper may choose the online option. However, ATINER will provide full fledged services (lunches, dinners, excursions) even if one participant presents onsite.
The Architecture Unit in collaboration with the Social Sciences Division of ATINER are organizing the 13th Annual International Conference on Urban Studies & Planning, 29-31 May & 1 June 2023, Athens, Greece sponsored by the Athens Journal of Architecture.
The aim of the conference is to bring together academics and researchers from all areas of social sciences such as urban sociology, urban geography, urban design, urban planning, architecture, etc. Areas of interest include all topics dealing with cities such as:
- History, growth, development, regeneration, and management of cities and other processes
- Urban theories, policies, and modeling
- Comprehensive, sector, and neighborhoods plans
- Urban transportation and infrastructure planning
- Historic preservation
- Housing, public open space, and central business districts
- Urban studies and planning pedagogy and research
You may participate as a stream leader, presenter of one paper, chair a session or observer.
Consistent with the theme of ATINER’s small academic events, all programs may include a few sessions on current topics in education and research. Please note that all our conferences are non-thematic as explained in our policy (click here). However, academic members and friends can take the lead to organize and chair a stream as part of this conference. Please click here to see our members’ and friends’ stream proposals to be organized as part of this conference.
Please submit an abstract (email only) to: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the abstract submission form to: Dr. Nicholas N. Patricios, Vice President of Strategic Planning & Analysis, ATINER, Dean Emeritus & Professor, School of Architecture, University of Miami, USA. Abstracts should include the following: Title of Paper, Full Name(s), Affiliation, Current Position, an email address, and at least 3 keywords that best describe the subject of your submission. Decisions are reached within 4 weeks.
If you want to participate without presenting a paper, i.e. organize a stream, chair a session, review papers to be included in the conference proceedings or books, contribute to the editing of a book, or any other contribution, please send an email to Dr. Gregory T. Papanikos, President, ATINER (email@example.com).
———————————————————— Photo Gallery ————————————————————