Provisional List of Papers Accepted and Registered to be Presented
(Listed by Presenter’s Surname) and Other Attendees
Note: This list includes only those who have registered for the conference (i.e. those who have paid the registration fee). It does not include those who have received an acceptance letter but who have not yet sent in their registration form. The list will be updated weekly. Date of this list: 16 February 2018
Papers to be presented:
- Jacob Abadi, Professor, The United States Air Force Academy, USA. Israel’s Relations with Saudi Arabia: The Impact of National Security Imperatives. (Monday)
- Joao Paulo Baia, Adjunct Professor, Polytechnic Institute of Setubal, Portugal. Mother’s Perception of the Adolescent’s Influence in the Purchase Decisions of Family Vacations. (MDTTOU)
- *Felio Jose Bauza Martorell, Professor, University of the Balearic Islands, Spain. Tourism, Technology and Citizens’ Legal Protection.
- Nissim Ben David, Professor, Max Stern Yezreel Valley College, Israel & Tur-Sinai Aviad, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel. Determining the Optimal Allocation of Time among Work, Sports, Internet Use, and Sleep.
- Gianluca Borzoni, Associate Professor, University of Cagliari, Italy. Italy and the Migration from the Agenda to the Migration Compacts: Between Multilateralism and National Choices. (Monday)
- Ghaith Breiss, PhD Student, University of Cagliari, Italy. Drawing the Mediterranean Edge: Uncertain Maps of a Variable Space.
- Ana Castela, Adjunct Professor, Polytechnic Institute of Castelo Branco, Portugal. Impacts of Tourism in an Urban Community: The Case of Alfama.
- Renato Civitillo, Adjunct Professor, Sannio University, Italy. Non-Profit Organizations: A Managerial Approaching Model.
- *Imad El-Anis, Senior Lecturer, Nottingham Trent University, UK. King Abdullah’s Balancing Act: Neo-liberalism Versus ‘The Politics of Tradition’ in Post-Arab Spring Jordan.
- Vitor Luis Gaspar Rodrigues, Senior Researcher, University of Lisbon, Portugal & Luis Frederico Dias Antunes, Senior Researcher, University of Lisbon, Portugal. Tangier and El-Jadida, Remnants of the Portuguese Military Organization in Morocco (1640-1661).
- *Ramazan Gozen, Professor, Marmara University, Turkey. Rise and Fall of Neo-Ottomanism and Its Consequences for World Politics.
- Rafael Lamas, Professor, Fordham University, USA. Musical Hybridity at the Strait of Gibraltar: Reshaping Andalusian Identity in the 1980s and 1990s.
- Moshe Maoz, Professor Emeritus, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel. Quo Vadis Syria. (morning session)
- Veronica Martins, Senior Researcher, CGSRS | Centre for Geopolitics & Security in Realism Studies, UK. Morocco’s Fight against Terrorism: Its «Religious Diplomacy» in France and Mali as an Instrument of Counter-Radicalisation?
- Nader Masarwah, Lecturer, Al-Qasemi Academic College of Education, Israel. The Jews’ Language during their Presence in the Arabian Peninsula. (MDTASIA)
- *Steven Oberhelman, Professor, Texas A&M University, USA. ‘Denique Onirocrites, sic erit Hippocrates’: Dreams as a Diagnostic Tool in Early Modern European Medicine.
- Kathleen Ann O’Donnell, Independent Scholar, British School at Athens, Greece. Thomas Paschides: The Democratic Eastern Federation and the Poems of Ossian.
- Nora Ould-Ahmed, Research Teacher, ENSSMAL (National High School of Marine Sciences and Coastal Management), Algeria. The Phaeophyceae (Marine Macroalgae) on the Coast of Algeria: Biodiversity and Biogeography.
- *Tarik Oumazzane, Researcher & Lecturer, Nottingham Trent University, UK. Trade Liberalisation in the Middle East & North Africa: Promoting Peace and Stability.
- Muge Ozkan Ozbek, Assistant Professor, Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University, Turkey, Eser Yagci, Assistant Professor, Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University, Turkey, Gulsen Ozaydin, Professor, Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University, Turkey & Levent Ozaydin, Assistant Professor, Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University, Turkey. Ayvalık’s Memory Focus Points and their Socio-Spatial Processes.
- Daniela Popa, Professor, State Agrarian University of Moldova, Moldova, Elena Timofti, State Agrarian University of Moldova, Moldova, Aliona Sargo, State Agrarian University of Moldova, Moldova, Svetlana Petrascu, State Agrarian University of Moldova, Moldova & Paul Osborne, University of Wales Trinity Saint David, UK. The Investment Attractiveness of the Agricultural Sector in Republic of Moldova in Terms of European Integration.
- Margarita Sanchez-Mazas, Professor, University of Geneva, Switzerland. Addressing the Educational Transition from War and Survival to Peace and Schooling: A Study on the School Reception and Recognition of Asylum Seeking Children.
- *Ignacio Sanfeliu Arboix, Associate Professor, Escola Superior d’Arquitectura de Barcelona (ETSAB), Univertitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), Spain & Estefania Martin Garcia, Associate Professor, Escola Superior d’Arquitectura de Barcelona (ETSAB), Univertitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), Spain. Public Space in Barcelona: Various Examples.
- *Senka Sekularac-Ivosevic, Assistant Professor, University of Montenegro, Montenegro. Marketing Analysis of Repositioning Seaports in the Mediterranean Market: Example of Montenegro.
- Ehud Spanier, Emeritus Professor, University of Haifa, Israel. Israel Mediterranean Marine Spatial Planning – Conflicts of Interest and Possible Solutions. (Monday, morning session)
- Rashd Swesi, Postgraduate Researcher, Nottingham Trent University, UK. Food Insecurity Coping Strategies in Areas of Protracted Conflicts: Findings and Lessons from Libya.
- Jose Varandas, Deputy Director, University of Lisbon, Portugal. The Mediterranean Entrance: A Military Issue. The Beginning of the Portuguese Conquest of North Africa (14th–15th Centuries).
- Denise Viale, Professor Emeritus, Université de Corse Pascal Paoli, CNRS, France, Laurent Koechlin, Professor, Institut de Recherche en Astrophysique et Planétologie (IRAP), Université de Toulouse, CNRS, France & Carli Viale, Marine Activities, Ecole Voile Performance, France. Tracking of a Fin-whale by Argos Satellite in the Western Mediterranean Sea; Reprocessing Old Data.
- Eser Yagci, Assistant Professor, Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University, Turkey, Muge Ozkan Ozbek, Assistant Professor, Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University, Turkey, Gulsen Ozaydin, Professor, Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University, Turkey & Levent Ozaydin, Assistant Professor, Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University, Turkey. Hyper-Connected Places: Examining the Spatiality of Cultural Transition in Eastern Mediterranean Harbour Cities via the Case of Ayvalık ‘Kydonie’.
- Selma Zecevic, Associate Professor, York University, Canada. Death in Raguza: Death, Sovereignty, and Belonging in the Early Modern Mediterranean.
- Gian Lorenzo Zichi, PhD Student, University of Cagliari, Italy. A European Fleet to Address the Migration Challenge in the Mediterranean? The EUNAVFOR MED/Sophia between Lights and Shadows. (Monday)