Academic members of good standing of ATINER may undertake one or more of the following activities:
- Present more than one paper pending they are accepted and pay fee only for the first presentation. Only members can present and participate at the various conferences and other events organized by the various units and centers of ATINER. The registration fee covers the membership fee this is stipulated in the registration form.
- Chair a session in a conference without paying any fee subject to availability (usually more demands than sessions and preferences are given to those who pay the registration fee).
- Belong to 1 or 2 units and 1 center of ATINER and based on academic merit serve in the editorial board of ATINER’s academic journals.
- Become editors or associate editors of one of ATINER’s academic journals. Prior international experience with editing is required.
- Referee papers submitted for publication in books and journals published by ATINER.
- Edit books based on selected papers presented at one or more conferences organized by ATINER that have a common thematic focus. Prior international experience with editing is required.
- Become members of the scientific and organizing committee of the conferences of the units they belong.
- Organize mini (thematic) conferences as part of a more general conference (needs Board’s approval).
- Propose and organize a new general conference (needs Board’s approval).
- Organize special/invited conference sessions on topics of specific interest. (Click here for details).
- Develop research bids in collaboration with other institutions. In case of a successful application, the principal investigator (project leader) assumes full responsibility for the management of the funds, while no deductions are made by ATINER.
- Organize study tours in Greece for undergraduate or postgraduate students in collaboration with universities outside Greece.
Benefits of academic members of ATINER:
- Only academic members of good standing can participate in any academic event organized by ATINER throughout the year for free if they do not present a paper. If a paper is presented, the membership fixed fee must be paid for the first paper presentation of the year.
- Can present online paying half of the regular membership fee if online presentations are permitted.
- Pending availability, ATINER provides for free office space and basic administrative and secretarial assistance if they want to carry out research in Athens. This applies only for academic members whose permanent academic affiliations are located outside Greece and for short periods of time (up to three months-one academic term) and particular days of the week. The research project needs official approval by ATINER.
- Pending availability ATINER provides rooms for free for small meetings strictly for its academic members only.