(Note 1: the program is organized along time slots and not according to common theme)
(Note 2: at the end of each session questions and discussions will follow)
(Note 3: Please note that many attendees including those who present a paper may choose the online option. However, ATINER will provide full-fledged services (lunches, dinners, excursions, etc.) for all those who present onsite.)
Monday 22 May 2023
Opening and Welcoming Remarks:
- Gregory T. Papanikos, President, ATINER.
|10:00-11:30 Session 1
Moderator: Liam Reilly, Director & Clinical Psychologist, Belfast Psychology Services, Ireland.
- Lloyd Robertson, Professor, University of Regina, Canada.
Title: The Evolved Self: Mapping an Understanding of Who We Are.
- Andrew Campbell, Director, Interntional Peace and Leadership Institute, USA.
Ebben Van Zyl, Professor, University of the Free State, South Africa.
Title: Chaos is a Gift? Leading Oneself in Uncertain and Complex Environments.
- Jacqueline Akhurst, Emeritus Professor, Rhodes University, South Africa.
Title: Community-Based Service Learning: Enhancing Mainstream Psychologies.
- Megan Campbell, Associate Professor, Rhodes University, South Africa.
Title: Building Capacity for Couples Research in Africa.
|11:30-13:00 Session 2
Moderator: Lloyd Robertson, Professor, University of Regina, Canada.
- Andrew Scharlach, Professor, University of California, Berkeley, USA.
Title: A Process Model of Constructive Psychological Aging.
- Irene Pelaez, Professor, Rey Juan Carlos University, Spain.
Francisco Mercado, Professor, Rey Juan Carlos University, Spain.
Corrado Corradi-Dell’Acqua, Professor, University of Geneva, Switzerland.
Patrik Vuilleumier, Professor, University of Geneva, Switzerland.
Title: Pain Processes Modulated by Unconscious Emotional Pictures: An Fmri Study.
- Luis Carretié, Professor, Autonomous University of Madrid, Spain.
Title: Fast Detection of Emotional Visual Stimuli: An Electrophysiological Study.
- Maria Ali, Lecturer, University of Central Lancashire, Cyprus Campus, Cyprus.
Title: Sex Addiction in Men. An IPA Exploration.
|13:00-14:30 Session 3
Moderator: Megan Campbell, Associate Professor, Rhodes University, South Africa.
- Davide Maria Marchioro, Professor, Salesian University Institute Venice, Italy.
Marco Zuin, Professor, Salesian University Institute Venice, Italy.
Title: Assessing the Suitability of Virtual Reality (VR) for Cognitive Assessment Using Advanced Progressive Matrices (APM).
- Claudia Simone Dorchain, Researcher, Institute of Economy and Psychology, Germany.
Title: Exploring the Criminal Mind. CKM, the New Psychometric Method.
- Helene Simke-Wallach, Researcher, University of Haifa, Israel.
Marilyn Safir, Professsor, University of Haifa, Israel.
Tom Livni, Research Assistant, University of Haifa, Israel.
Rachel Forschner, Research Assistant, University of Haifa, Israel.
Title: Virtual Reality Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Flight Phobia – Identifying Factors that Impact Effectiveness.
- Kaelig Raspail, PhD Student, University of Tours, France.
Title: Does a Deficit in Executive Functions Explain Particularities in Social Information Processing in Young People with Mild Intellectual Developmental Disorder or Borderline Intellectual Functioning?
14:30-15:30 Discussion + Lunch
|15:30-17:30 Session 4
Moderator: Luis Carretié, Professor, Autonomous University of Madrid, Spain.
- John Trougakos, Professor, University of Toronto, Canada.
Title: COVID Anxiety: Exploring its Impact on Employee Work and Personal Outcomes.
- Francisco Mercado, Associate Professor, Rey Juan Carlos University, Spain.
Title: Temporal Course of Working Memory Dysfunction in Fibromyalgia: An Event-Related Study.
- Susan Chang Su, Assistant Professor, Brandon University, Canada.
Gordon Flett, Professor, York University, Canada.
Title: The Impacts of Resilience and Risk Factors on Psychological Well-Being of International Students in Canada during the COVID-19: The Role of Mattering, Anti-Mattering, and Belongingness.
- Simon Howard, Assistant Professor, University of Miami, USA.
Title: The Relationship between Gendered God Concepts and Gender Neutral Liturgy.
- Francisca Acedo, Specialist of Environmental, Health and Safety, Health Research Institute of the Jiménez Díaz Foundation, Spain.
Teresa Del Campo, Occupational Medicine, Health Research Institute of the Jiménez Díaz Foundation, Spain.
Title: Psychological Well-Being, A Health Tool for Healthcare Workers During Covid-19 Pandemic.
- Tyler Womack, PhD Candidate, University of California, USA.
Title: Parent Involvement in Special Education: Testing a Theoretical Model of Motivational Factors.
|17:30-19:30 Session 5
Moderator: Mr Kostas Spyropoulos (ATINER Administrator).
- Iryna Martyniuk, Head of Department of Psychology, National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine, Ukraine.
Title: Psychological Features of Students’ Self-Educational Activities in Extreme Conditions of War.
- Mohammad Aldhawyani, Head of Forensic Psychology, Dubai Police, UAE.
Title: Towards a more Resilient Policing: an Investigation of Dubai Police Psychological Job demands Triangle (Emotions Regulation thought Control and Decision-making) and How it Informs Training and Interventions.
- Jean Fourie, Senior Lecturer, University of Johannesburg, South Africa.
Daniela Girao, Teacher, Special Needs School, South Africa.
Title: Psycho-Social Support for a Prematurely Born Child with a Severe Learning Disorder.
- Aashna Doshi, PhD Student, University of Bamberg, Germany.
Sabine Weinert, Head, Department of Developmental Psychology, University of Bamberg, Germany.
Manja Attig, Leibniz Institute for Educational Trajectories, Germany.
Title: Executive Functions and Science Literacy among Young Children.
- Guste Gramaglia, PhD Candidate, Mykolas Romeris University, Lithuania.
Title: Systematic Analysis: Supporting the Well-being and Job Satisfaction of Firefighters.
- Sandra Velez-Candelario, CEO/Consultant, Family Organizational Psychology.Org, USA.
Title: Family Organizational Basics: Leadership, Communication, Environment, and Culture.
Athenian Early Evening Symposium (includes in order of appearance: continuous academic discussions, dinner, wine/water, music and dance)
Tuesday 23 May 2023
|08:00-11:00 Session 6
Old and New-An Educational Urban Walk
The urban walk ticket is not included as part of your registration fee. It includes transportation costs and the cost to enter the Parthenon and the other monuments on the Acropolis Hill. The urban walk tour includes the broader area of Athens. Among other sites, it includes: Zappion, Syntagma Square, Temple of Olympian Zeus, Ancient Roman Agora and on Acropolis Hill: the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion, and the Parthenon. The program of the tour may be adjusted, if there is a need beyond our control. This is a private event organized by ATINER exclusively for the conference participants.
|11:30-13:00 Session 7
Moderator: Jacqueline Akhurst, Emeritus Professor, Rhodes University, South Africa.
- Celia Ribeiro, Professor, Portuguese Catholic University & CIDEI, Portugal.
Ana Figueira, Professor, University of Coimbra & CIDEI, Portugal.
Title: Understanding Metaphors: A Study with Portuguese 4-6 Year-Old Children.
- Ana Figueira, Professor, University of Coimbra & CIDEI, Portugal.
Title: Understanding Metaphors. Preliminary Results with Children 9-14 Years Old.
- Antonio Duarte, Professor, University of Lisbon, Portugal .
Niki Constantinidi, Teacher, Evening General High School of Rhodes, Greece.
Title: Traces of Knowledge and Use of Cues of Sensory Processing in Ancient Greek Art: A Study in Psychology of Art.
- Futoshi Kobayashi, Professor, Miyazaki International College, Japan.
Title: Student Evaluations on Positive Psychology Course: Pilot Test.
|13:00-14:30 Session 8
Moderator: Helene Simke-Wallach, Researcher, University of Haifa, Israel.
- Dorit Olenik-Shemesh, Associate Professor, The Open University of Israel, Israel.
Tali Heiman, Associate Professor, The Open University of Israel, Israel.
Sigal Eden, Associate Professor, Βar – Ilan University, Israel .
Yaakov Yablon, Professor, Bar – Ilan University, Israel.
Title: Youth Problematic Internet Use in Relation to Social Interactions: The Effects of COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Johannes Titz, Researcher, Chemnitz, University of Technology, Germany.
Title: State-Trace Analysis Meets Psychometrics: Why the Big Five Questionnaires are not Based on Five Latent Factors and How to Fix Them.
- Annika Sternkopf, Master Student, Chemnitz University of Technology, Germany.
Johannes Titz, Researcher, Chemnitz, University of Technology, Germany.
Title: Understanding Dimensional Problems in Big Five Questionnaires by Combining a New Variant of State Trace Analysis with Qualitative Methods.
- Catherine Trotman, Lecturer, The University of the West Indies, Barbados.
Title: Adverse Childhood Experience in Barbados – A Pilot Study.
14:30-15:30 Discussion + Lunch
|15:30-17:00 Session 9
Moderator: Dorit Olenik-Shemesh, Associate Professor, The Open University of Israel, Israel.
- Jan Noyes, Professor, University of Bristol, UK.
Title: Role of Time Perception in Automation.
- Susan Cahill, PhD Candidate, Rhodes University, South Africa.
Title: Thinking outside the (Therapy room) Box: Individual Therapy vs a Clinical Psychology Psychoeducational Consultancy Model.
- Diljot Kaur Soin, Assistant Professor, Adler University, Canada.
Title: Predictor Measures in Selection of I/O Practitioners: Evidence-based Personnel Assessment.
- Sophie Hart, Research Associate, University of Bristol, UK.
Title: Using the Decision Ladder to Explore the Human Decision-Making Processes of Search and Rescue Personnel during a UAV-equipped Mission.
|17:00-18:30 Session 10
Moderator: Mr Kostas Spyropoulos (ATINER Administrator).
- Ora Peleg, Head of School Counseling and Education Department, The Academic College Emek Yeezrel, Israel.
Efrat Hadar, Lecturer, The Academic College Emek Yeezrel, Israel.
Ronit Shalev, Senior Lecturer, The Academic College Emek Yeezrel, Israel.
Title: Orphans’ Experience in School a few Years after the Loss of a Parent.
- Natasha Sigala, Senior Lecturer, University of Sussex, UK.
Title: Fast Sensorimotor Learning in Middle-Aged Adults.
- Dilan Aktas, PhD Student, Middle East technical University, Turkiye.
İrem Erten, Researcher, Middle East technical University, Turkiye.
Tulin Gencoz, Vice-chancellor, Middle East technical University, Turkiye.
Title: Digital Game Addiction, Social Anxiety, and their Relationship with Social Connectedness.
- Daniel J.N. Weishut, Senior Lecturer, Hadassah Academic College, Israel.
Rachel Rokach, Independent Practitioner, USA.
Dorit Gurny, Independent Practitioner, Israel.
Bettina Steiner-Birmanns, Senior Physician, Department of Neurology, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Israel.
Title: Interdisciplinary Encounters Between Health Professionals Assessing Torture Victims.
Ancient Athenian Dinner (includes in order of appearance: continuous academic discussions, dinner with recipes from ancient Athens, wine/water)
Wednesday 24 May 2023
An Educational Visit to Selected Islands
Thursday 25 May 2023
Visiting the Oracle of Delphi
Friday 26 May 2023
Visiting the Ancient Corinth and Cape Sounio