(Note 1: the program is organized along time slots and not according to common theme)
(Note 2: at the end of each session questions and discussions will follow)
(Note 3: Please note that many attendees including those who present a paper may choose the online option. However, ATINER will provide full-fledged services (lunches, dinners, excursions, etc.) for all those who present onsite.)
Monday 26 June 2023
Opening and Welcoming Remarks:
- Gregory T. Papanikos, President, ATINER.
|10:00-11:30 Session 1
Moderator: Mehmet Gençer, Professor, Izmir University of Economics, Turkiye.
- Mahmood Hussain, Professor, San Francisco State University, USA.
Title: From Financial Socialization to Independent Decision: A Cross-Cultural Study of US Millennials’ Financial Behavior.
- Frédéric Jallat, Professor, ESCP Business School, France.
Title: Evaluating Standardization of Marketing Operations & Performance.
- Mihai-Florin Bacila, Associate professor, Babes-Bolyai University, Romania.
Title: Enhancing the RFM Based Segmentation for Telecommunications Companies.
- Juan Carlos Chica Mesa, Associate Professor, National University of Colombia, Colombia .
Manuela Salazar Garcia, Student, National University of Colombia, Colombia.
Title: Concentration and Attention in Games Applied to Education Project.
- Paul Davidson, Associate Professor, Queensland University of Technology, Australia.
Title: Managing Trust and New Technology: Lesons from the History of Military Decision Making.
|11:30-13:00 Session 2
Moderator: Mahmood Hussain, Professor, San Francisco State University, USA.
- André Leroux, Professor, University of Poitiers, France.
Thomas Stenger, Full Professor, University of Poitiers, France.
Title: A Typology of Social Media: A Quantitative Approach Based on Consumers Use.
- Tianjiao Qiu, Professor, California State University, USA.
Title: Entrepreneurial Knowledge and Country Risks on Entrepreneurial Market Expansion.
- Mehmet Gençer, Professor, Izmir University of Economics, Turkiye.
Title: Data Literacy in Business Curriculum: A Case Study of Student Reception and Success Factors.
- Jamal Maalouf, Assistant Professor, American University of Sharjah, UAE.
Title: Perpetual Crisis and Small Business Survival: SME Experiences and Strategies from Beirut, Lebanon.
|13:00-15:00 Session 3
Moderator: Berna Bridge, Lecturer, Oxford International Study Centre, UK.
- Simona Stan, Professor, University of Montana, USA.
Liviu Rosca, Professor, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Romania.
Title: Effectiveness of High-Impact Study-Abroad Programs: A USA-Romania Case Study.
- Nadia Jimenez, Associate Professor, University of Burgos, Spain.
Sonia San Martín, Full Professor, University of Burgos, Spain.
Paula Rodriguez-Torrico, Assistant Professor, University of Burgos, Spain.
Francisco Liebana-Cabanillas, Full Professor, University of Granada, Spain.
Cristina Torrego, Student, University of Burgos, Spain.
Title: Consumer Perception of Metaverse Experience.
- Sami Kajalo, Senior Lecturer, Aalto University, Finland.
Title: A Psychological Inquiry into Consumers’ Motivations to Participate in the Sharing Economy.
- Raluca Ciornea, Lecturer, Babes-Bolyai University, Romania.
Title: Influence of Horizontal Downward Extension over the Luxury Parent Brands: Fragrances as Extensions of Luxury Fashion Brands
- Batuhan Cullu, PhD Student, Dokuz Eylül University and Research Assistant, Aydın Adnan Menderes University, Tyrkey.
Gamze Arabelen, Assistant Professor, Dokuz Eylül University, Turkiye.
Title: What Cruise Passengers Talk About? A Text Mining Approach to Explore Topics from Online Narratives.
15:00-16:00 Discussion + Lunch
|16:00-18:00 Session 4
Moderator: Raluca Ciornea, Lecturer, Babes-Bolyai University, Romania.
- Arthur Pantelides, Associate Professor, Virginia Wesleyan University, USA.
Title: Utilization of the SOT Hierarchical Framework for Successful Strategic Implementation Management.
- Siphiwe Dlamini, Senior Lecturer, University of Cape Town, South Africa.
Title: The Influence of Consumption Values on the Purchase Intention of Fast Fashion in South Africa.
- Berna Bridge, Lecturer, Oxford International Study Centre, UK.
Title: Is Collegiality an Attainable Ideal in the Turkish Culture?
- Lihang Liu, PhD Student, Shanghai International Studies University, China.
Zheng Fan, Professor, Shanghai International Studies University, China.
Peihua Fan, Associate Professor, Shanghai International Studies University, China.
Title: How does Cultural Distance affect Chinese Companies’ Outward Foreign Investment? Evidence from the Belt and Road.
- Ceren Koksal, Master Student, Istanbul University-Cerrahpasa, Turkiye.
Eda Yilmaz Alarcin, Associate Professor, Istanbul University-Cerrahpasa, Turkiye.
Title: The Effects of Cultural Values on Word-of-Mouth Marketing in Health Services.
|18:00-20:00 Session 5
Moderator: Olga Gkounta, Researcher, ATINER.
- Warveni Jap, Assitant Professor, Thompson Rivers University, Canada.
Title: China’s BRI: Modern Global Connectivity, Prosperity, and Harmony.
- Kenneth Chau, Associate Professor, University of British Columbia, Canada.
Bushra Usman, Αssociate Professor, Forman Christian College (A Chartered University), Pakistan.
Title: Green Venturing: What to Learn.
- Yohann Mauger, Assistant Professor, Jing Liu, Assistant Professor, USA.
Richard Gilson, Associate Professor, Northern Kentucky University, USA.
Denise Luethge, Professor, Northern Kentucky University, USA.
Title: A Minimum Viable Product Approach for Innovation and New Program Launch in Business Education.
Athenian Early Evening Symposium (includes in order of appearance: continuous academic discussions, dinner, wine/water, music and dance)
Tuesday 27 June 2023
|09:30-11:30 Session 6a
Moderator: Mr. Kostas Spyropoulos (ATINER Administration)
|08:00-10:30 Session 6b
Old and New-An Educational Urban Walk
- Hiroshi Onishi, Associate Professor, Chuo University, Japan.
Title: Does Deregulation of Health Claims on Functional Food Package Design Change Consumers’ Purchase Behaviors?
- Sergio Valdelomar-Munoz, PhD Student, University of Jaen, Spain .
Elisa Garrido-Castro, Assistant Professor, University of Jaen, Spain.
Eva María Murgado-Armenteros, Associate Professor, University of Jaen, Spain.
Title: Biodiversity as a Term for Improving Environmental Awareness: An Exploratory Analysis.
- Cansu Yildirim, Assistant Professor, Dokuz Eylül University, Turkiye.
Title: The Effect of Failure and Stability on Satisfaction, Negative WOM and Repurchase Intention: Insights from an Online Retailer’s Service Failure.
- Florence Dzame, Researcher, United States International University Africa, Kenya.
Title: A Study of Gender-based Institutional Barriers to Progression into Leadership Roles for Women Journalists in Kenya.
The urban walk ticket is not included as part of your registration fee. It includes transportation costs and the cost to enter the Parthenon and the other monuments on the Acropolis Hill. The urban walk tour includes the broader area of Athens. Among other sites, it includes: Zappion, Syntagma Square, Temple of Olympian Zeus, Ancient Roman Agora and on Acropolis Hill: the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion, and the Parthenon. The program of the tour may be adjusted, if there is a need beyond our control. This is a private event organized by ATINER exclusively for the conference participants.
|11:30-13:00 Session 7
Moderator: Laure Lavorata, Professor, University of Reims Champagne Ardenne, France.
- J. Stagliano, Professor, Saint Joseph’s University, USA.
Title: Did Firms with “Lean” Management Fare Better than Others in the COVID-19 Pandemic? Some Recent Empirical Evidence on Profitability.
- Andreia Vitória, Assistant Professor, University of Aveiro, Portugal.
Carolina Carlos, PhD Student, University of Aveiro, Portugal.
Title: The Impact of Servant Leadership Perceptions on Employees’ Job Burnout Levels.
- Nanda Kumar, Professor, The University of Texas, USA.
Parneet Pahwa, Clinical Assistant Professor, The University of Texas at Dallas, USA.
B.P.S. Murthi, Professor, The University of Texas at Dallas, USA.
Title: Modelling Heterogeneity in Choice Models, Household Level Heterogeneity in Reference Price Effects: Should National Brands Care?
|13:00-15:00 Session 8
Moderator: Mihai-Florin Bacila, Associate professor, Babes-Bolyai University, Romania.
- Laure Lavorata, Professor, University of Reims Champagne Ardenne, France.
Yohan Gicquel, Assistant Professor, University of Reims Champagne Ardenne, France.
Title: Champaign’s Brands and CSR: What is the Consumer’s Perception? What Issues?
- Tatiana Zalan, Associate Professor, American University in Dubai, UAE.
Elissar Toufaily, Associate Professor, American University in Dubai, UAE.
Title: How Consumers Value NFTs in a Nascent Market.
- Adel Sakr, Assistant Professor, Webster University Athens, Greece.
Title: A Content Analysis of Visual Metaphor in Print Advertising.
- Oksana Domina, Researcher, University of Helsinki, Finland.
Title: Modern Stage of Marketing Development in Ukraine.
- Adnane Alaoui, Senior Lecturer, Liverpool John Moores University, UK.
Natalia Guilluy-Sulikashvili, Associate Professor, Lille Catholic University, France.
Title: Does Word-Of-Mouth’s Weight Differ between Countries? A Comparative Study of China, England and Russia.
- Khaled Aboulnasr, Chair & Associate Professor, Florida Gulf Coast University, USA.
Title: Brand Activism Backlash: The Role of Social Identity Threat and Negative Emotions.
15:00-16:00 Discussion + Lunch
|16:00-17:30 Session 9
Moderator: Olga Gkounta, Researcher, ATINER.
- Akira Shimada, Associate Professor, Nagasaki University, Japan.
Title: Study Migrants’ Skilled Human Capital Formation under Deregulated Immigration Policies in an Overlapping Generations Economy.
- Lina Vyas, Associate Professor, The Education University of Hong Kong, China.
Title: Hong Kong Civil Service Work from Home Arrangement and Work-Life Balance: The Policy Responses to the Pandemic.
- Demetra Arsalidou, Associate Professor, Cardiff University, UK.
Title: Bonus Caps, Deferrals and Clawbacks: A Banking Regulation Quandary.
- Dihya Hessas, PhD Student, University of Mouloud Mammeri, Algeria.
Title: Change Management in the Face of ICT Integration within Organizations.
- Ryszard Wojnar, Researcher, Institute of Fundamental Technological Research PAS, Poland.
Jolanta Wołowicz, Researcher, Institute of Fundamental Technological Research PAS, Poland.
Andrzej Lissowski, Researcher, Institute of Fundamental Technological Research PAS, Poland.
Title: Why Colouring? Voronoi Tessalation and Crystallization.
|17:30-19:00 Session 10
Moderator: Olga Gkounta, Researcher, ATINER.
- Jorge Cerdeira, Assistant Professor, University of Porto, Portugal.
Title: FDI Determinants in Developing Countries: A Firm-Level Analysis.
- José-Manuel Giménez-Gómez, Professor, University of Rovira i Virgili, Spain.
Title: Allocating Remaining Carbon Budgets and Mitigation Costs.
- Daniel Gomez Abella, Lecturer, University of La Sabana, Colombia.
Title: Ex-post Evaluation of RTAs of Colombia: A Partial Analysis with Structural Gravity Model.
- Xiao Han, Lecturer, University of Toronto, Canada.
Dusiying Jin, Student, White Oaks Secondary School, Canada.
Title: Contamination in Drinking Water Environment and the Associated Public Health Risk from Mining Discharge Pollution: A Comparative Study Chile, China and US.
- Konstantinos Giannakas, Professor, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA.
Ahmed Chennak, Researcher,University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA.
Title: The Role of Cooperatives in Innovation Licensing.
Ancient Athenian Dinner (includes in order of appearance: continuous academic discussions, dinner with recipes from ancient Athens, wine/water)
Wednesday 28 June 2023
An Educational Visit to Selected Islands
Thursday 29 June 2023
Visiting the Oracle of Delphi
Friday 30 June 2023
Visiting the Ancient Corinth and Cape Sounio