List of Papers to be Presented
This list includes only those who have registered for the conference (i.e. those who have paid the registration fee). It does not include those who have received an acceptance letter but who have not yet sent in their registration form. It also includes selected papers from the Public Health conference which will be organized in parallel. Please note that most of the presenters have chosen to present online. The list will be updated weekly. This current version was produced on 7 June 2023.
- Mohamed Ali Ben Halima, Professor, Center for Employment and Labor Studies, France.
Malik Koubi, Professor, Center for Employment and Labor Studies, France.
Joseph Lanfranchi, Professor, Center for Employment and Labor Studies, France.
Assas Yohan Wloczysiak, Professor, Center for Employment and Labor Studies, France.
Title: The Effects of the Introduction of a One-Day Waiting Period on Absences for Ordinary Illness of Public Employees.
- Qian Bai, PhD Student, University of Macau, China.
Hongyan Zhuang, Professor, Beijing Anding Hospital, Capital Medical University, China.
Hanxu Hu, PhD Student, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, China.
Zegui Tuo, PhD student, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, China.
Jinglu Zhang, PhD Student, University of Macau, China.
Lieyu Huang, Researcher, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, China.
Yong Ma, Researcher, China Health Insurance Research Association, China.
Xuefeng Shi, Professor, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, China.
Ying Bian, Professor, University of Macau, China.
Title: How Provider Payment Methods Affect Health Expenditure of Depressive Patients? Evidence from National Claims Data in China.
- Frank Benda, Professor, German University of Applied Sciences, Germany.
Title: Digital Transformation of the Swiss Healthcare System.
- Eni Bushi, QA Manager, Profarma Sh.a, Albania.
Title:Assessment And Reduction of Quality Risk on Pharmaceuticals.
- Kannika Damrongplasit, Associate Professor, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand.
Title: Early Childhood Development, Family Structure, and Electronic Device Usage: Evidence from Thailand. (Monday morning)
- Roland Polacsek-Ernst, MBA Health Management and Digital Health, University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna, Austria.
Jürgen Boger, POBS – Private Online Business School, Austria.
Title: Barriers Influencing Effective Senior Nursing Leadership.
- Selina Schwaabe, PhD Candidate, Technical University of Munich, Germany.
Title: The European Pharmacy Market: The Density and its Influencing Factors.
- Wenhui Xiao, PhD Student, University of Macau, China.
Ying Bian, Professor, University of Macau, China.
Title: The Prevalence and Associated Factors of Depressive Symptoms in DM Patients in China: A Study Based on the Andersen’s Behavioral Model.
- Dilan Aktas, PhD Student, Middle East technical University, Turkey.
İrem Erten, Researcher, Middle East technical University, Turkey.
Tulin Gencoz, Vice-chancellor, Middle East technical University, Turkey.
Title: Digital Game Addiction, Social Anxiety, and their Relationship with Social Connectedness.
- Ingrid Brenner, Associate Professor, Trent University, Canada.
Alex Jalsevac, Graduated Student, Trent University, Canada.
Kirsten Woodend, Associate Professor, Trent University, Canada.
Title: Physical Activity and the Treatment of Phantom Limb Pain.
- Cynthia Brown, Professor, University of West Georgia, USA.
Title: Graduate Nursing Students: Self Care in the Online Setting.
- Svetlana Buzhenitsa, MD, Resident of Specialization School in Health Statistics, University of Pavia, Italy.
Ioana Popa, Researcher, University of Pavia, Italy.
Pietro Perotti, MD, Director of Unit of Epidemiology, Public Health Agency of Pavia, Italy.
Lorenza Boschetti, MD, Responsible of Death Registry, Public Health Agency of Pavia, Italy.
Stefano Marguati, NM, Nursery, Public Health Agency of Pavia, Italy.
Simona Villani, Professor, University of Pavia, Italy.
Simona Dalle Carbonare, Eng PhD, Public Health Agency of Pavia, Italy.
Title: Trends of Potential Years of Life Lost in Pavia Province (Italy) in the period 2015 2021. The Impact of COVID-19.
- Aquib Chowdhury, Critical Care Hosuse Medical Officer, Barwon Health, Australia.
Title: The Economic Cost Burden of Childhood Unintentional Injury: Estimates from the Longitudinal Study of Australian Children.
- Sandra Collins, Professor & Program Director, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale, USA.
Title: Emotion Exhaustion A Discussion on Occupational Burnout and Registered Nurses.
- Jean Davison, Associate Professor, University of North Carolina, USA.
Title: Inter-professional Clinical Education and Practice to Improve Health Equity.
- Mohamed Elkhouli, Associate Professor, Sadat Academy for Management Science, Egypt.
Title: Examining the Most Important Factors Affecting the Egyptian Family’s Choice of the Ideal Number of Children in the Light of the 2015 Demographic and Health Survey.
- Buse Erzeybek Semi, Senior Lecturer, Cyprus International University, Cyprus.
Title: University Students’ Perspectives on Sexual Orientation.
- Ana Garcia-Arranz, Lecturer, Rey Juan Carlos University, Spain.
Perello-Oliver Salvador, Professor, Rey Juan Carlos University, Spain.
Title: Social Control in a Self-Medicated Society: A Systematic Review.
- Guste Gramaglia, PhD Candidate, Mykolas Romeris University, Lithuania.
Title: Systematic Analysis: Supporting the Well-being and Job Satisfaction of Firefighters.
- Julia Meszaros, Associate Professor, Texas A&M University-Commerce, USA.
Title: Romance Retirement: Men’s Aging Mobilities from North to South.
- Esmralda Hoxhaj, Molecular Biologist, INTERMEDICA Center, Albania.
Title: An Evaluation of Vitamin D and Bone Turnover Markers Levels in Postmenopausal Women in Albania.
- Jacqueline Nash, Assistant Lecturer, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale USA.
Bruce Lazar, Lecturer, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale, USA.
Title: Using Community Outreach Interventions to Reduce Maternal Mortality in the United States: A Systematic Literature Review
- Scott Nelson, Associate Professor, Virginia Tech, USA.
Title: Spiritual Exercises, Moral Integration and the Problem of Hatred.
- Molefe Madinga Nolizwe, Lecturer, University of Zululand, South Africa.
Title: An Exploration into the Role Played by Women in Establishing Food Security amongst the Youth: The Case of Soweto, Johannesburg.
- Irene Pelaez, Professor, Rey Juan Carlos University, Spain.
Francisco Mercado, Professor, Rey Juan Carlos University, Spain.
Corrado Corradi-Dell’Acqua, Professor, University of Geneva, Switzerland.
Patrik Vuilleumier, Professor, University of Geneva, Switzerland.
Title: Pain Processes Modulated by Unconscious Emotional Pictures: An Fmri Study.
- Lloyd Robertson, Professor, University of Regina, Canada.
Teela Robertson, Psychologist, Canada.
Title: The Evolved Self: Mapping an Understanding of Who We Are.
- Mari Salminen-Tuomaala, Principal Lecturer, Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences, Finland.
Title: Nurses’ Expectations of Compassionate Leadership.
- Thomas Shaw, Associate Professor, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale, USA.
Sandra Collins, Professor & Program Director, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale, USA.
Stacey McKinney, Assistant Professor, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale, USA.
Debra Penrod, Assistant Professor Southern Illinois University-Carbondale USA.
Title: Midwest University Students’ Perception of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- James Sindiwe, Research Associate, Nelson Mandela University, South Africa.
Nadine Rall, Senior Lecturer, Nelson Mandela University, South Africa.
David Morton, Senior Lecturer, Nelson Mandela University, South Africa.
Title: Perceptions and Knowledge of Minibus Taxi Drivers and Food/Fruit Vendors Towards the Role of Hygiene in Combating Infection Transmission in the Eastern Cape.
- Daniel J.N. Weishut, Senior Lecturer, Hadassah Academic College, Israel.
Yitzchak Beker, Student, Hadassah Academic College, Israel.
Title: Attitudes toward Sexual Abuse among Ultra-orthodox Jewish Students.
- Nebojsa Zdravkovic, Professor, University of Kragujevac, Serbia.
Title: Lifestyle Factors and Reproductive Health: Prospective Cross-Sectional Study in Population of Employed Women in Central Serbia.
- Adel Zeglam, Professor, University of Tripoli, Libya.
Title: Behavioral and Emotional Problems among School Children in Tripoli, Libya. What Impact Does it Have on Community Public Health?