Athens Institute for Education and
Page Ø Member
Academic Members of ATINER may undertake one or more of the following
- Belong to 1 or 2 research units of ATINER.
- Become a member of the scientific and organizing
committee of the conference of the research unit they belong.
- Organize mini (thematic) conferences as part of a
more general conference (needs Board’s approval).
- Propose and organize a new general conference
(needs Board’s approval)
- Organise special/invited conference sessions on topics of
- Participate without a paper presentation to any
conference or session without paying any fee subject to official approval.
If a paper is presented, the fee must be paid.
- Chair a session in a conference without paying any fee subject to
availability (usually more demands than sessions and preferences are given
to those who pay the registration fee).
- Referee papers submitted for publication in books and journals
published by ATINER.
- Become an editor or associate editor of one of ATINER's Academic
Journals. Prior international experience with editing is required.
- Edit books based on selected papers presented at one or more
conferences organised by ATINER that have a common thematic focus.
Prior international experience with editing is required.
- Develop research bids in collaboration with other
institutions. In case of a successful application, the principal
investigator (project leader) assumes full responsibility for the
management of the funds, while no deductions are made by ATINER.
- Organise study tours for undergraduate or postgraduate students in
collaboration with universities outside Greece.
Moreover, the academic members of ATINER are welcome to make proposals
for the organisation of any other activity that may broaden the academic
undertakings of the Institute. If you would like to express interest in engaging in one
or more of the above activities or if you need any information/clarifications
about the respective procedures involved, please contact Ms Katerina Maraki, President's Executive
Assistant, Athens Institute for Education and Research at firstname.lastname@example.org.