Athens Institute for Education and
Page Ø Member Activities
Academic Members of ATINER may undertake one or more of the
- Belong to 1 or 2 research units of ATINER.
- Become members of the scientific and organizing
committee of the conference of the research unit they belong.
- Organize mini (thematic) conferences as part of a
more general conference (needs Board’s approval).
- Propose and organize a new general conference
(needs Board’s approval)
- Organise special/invited conference sessions on topics of
- Participate without a paper to any conference or
session without paying any fee.
- Chair a session in a conference without paying any fee.
- Referee papers submitted for publication in books published by
- Organise interactive seminars or workshops running in parallel
with ATINER’s conferences.
- Edit books based on selected papers presented at one or more conferences
organised by ATINER that have a common thematic focus.
- Develop and submit proposals for the publication
of monographs. Proposals should include a title, an outline of the
monograph including the table of contents, a sample chapter, and a
description of the audience to which the monograph is directed.
- Develop research bids in collaboration with other
institutions. In case of a successful application, the principal
investigator (project leader) assumes full responsibility for the
management of the funds, while no deductions are made by ATINER.
- Organise study tours for undergraduate or postgraduate students in
collaboration with universities outside Greece.
the academic members of ATINER are welcome to make proposals for the
organisation of any other activity that may broaden the academic undertakings
of the Institute.
If you would like to express interest in engaging in one
or more of the above activities or if you need any information/clarifications
about the respective procedures involved, please contact Dr. Gregory Papanikos,
President of ATINER, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.