The 5th International Conference of the Panhellenic Association of Sports Economists and Managers (PASEM)
in collaboration with the
Sports Research Unit of ATINER
30-31 of May 2005
VENUE: Athens Cultural Centre, 50
Monday, May 30th, 2005
9:00-9:15 Welcome and Opening Remarks
9:15-11:00 Session I
Chairperson: Papanikos, G.T., Director, ATINER.
1. Short, J., Professor, University of Maryland, USA. Global City Status and the Olympic Games.
2. Guala, C., Professor, University of Turin, Italy. How to Monitor Olympics. Longitudinal Surveys on Winter Olympics in Turin 2006.
3. Henry, A., Ph.D. Student, Laboratoire THEMA, France & Gillon, P., Researcher, Laboratoire THEMA, France. The Impact of the 2004 Summer Olympic Games on the Athenian Town and Country Planning.
4. Lambiri, D., Ph.D. Student, The University of Reading, U.K. The Olympic Village Of Barcelona: Urban Residential Development and Socio-Economic Impact.
11:00 – 13:00 Session II
Chairperson: Short, J., Professor, University of Maryland, USA.
1. De Mel, S., Senior Lecturer, University of Greenwich, U.K. Resource-Based View: The Success Factors of English Premiership Football Clubs.
2. Halicioglu, F., Senior Lecturer, The University of Greenwich, U.K. Forecasting the Professional Team Sporting Events: Evidences from Euro 2000 and 2004 Football Tournaments.
3. Levante, M., Ph. D. Student, University of Teramo, Italy. Creative Accounting in Italian Football Companies: Ethical Issues and the Impact of International Accounting Standards on Listed Clubs.
4. Weiermair, K., Professor, University of Innsbruck, Austria & Mueller, S., Researcher, University of Innsbruck, Austria. Sport and Sport Events as a Driving Focus for Economic and Tourism Development.
14:00 – 16:00 Session III
Chairperson: De Mel, S., Senior Lecturer, University of Greenwich, U.K.
1. Suher, K.H., Assistant Professor, Anadolu University, Turkey & Argan, M., Assistant Professor, Anadolu University, Turkey & Ozer. A., Research Assistant, Ankara University, Turkey. Factors Effecting Participation Decision of the Soccer Spectators to the Matches in Stadiums: A Research on Fenerbahçe’s Fans in Turkey.
2. Fostervold, K.A., Ph.D. Student, Molde University College, Norway, Gammelsæter, H., Associate Professor, Molde University College, Norway & Jacobsen, S.E., Senior Researcher, Institute for Research in Economics and Business Administration, Norway. Local Commitment in Professional Football.
3. Benz-Funk, M-A., Research Assistant, University of Zurich, Switzerland & Franck, E., Professor, University of Zurich, Switzerland. For Club and Country – Do Soccer Clubs have to be Compensated for Releasing their Players to the National Teams.
4. Lera-Lopez, F., Assistant Professor, Public University of Navarra, Spain & Manuel Rapún-Gárate, M., Professor, Public University of Navarra, Spain. The Determinants of Consumer Expenditure on Sports: A Tobit Model.
16:00 – 18:00 Session IV
Chairperson: Guala, C., Professor, University of Turin, Italy.
1. Gerber-Nel, C., Lecturer, University of South Africa, South Africa. Sports Marketing in South Africa: The Management of the South African Super 12 Rugby Brands.
2. Sezgin, E., Assistant Professor, Anadolu University, Turkey. Is ‘Football Tourism’ Beneficial Alternative for Resort Establishments’ Low Season Applications?
3. Reppold-Filho, A.R., Senior Lecturer, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil & Toldo dos Santos, H., Assistant Lecturer, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. Participative Budget and Urban Policies for Sport and Leisure in Porto Alegre, Brazil.
4. Abdourazakou, Y., Lecturer, CETAPS University of Rouen, France. Sports Broadcasting as Global Cultural Goods or the European Listed Events’ Regulation.
20:30-22:30 Greek Night Entertainment with Dinner
(Place: Tavern STAMATOPOULOS, 26 Lissiou Street, PLAKA, Tel.: 210 3228722)
Tuesday, May 31st, 2005
09:30-11:30 Session V
Chairperson: Gammelsæter, H., Associate Professor, Molde University College, Norway.
1. Argan, M., Assistant Professor, Anadolu University, Turkey & Suher, K.H., Assistant Professor, Anadolu University, Turkey. Perceptions and Attitudes towards Ambush Marketing: A Case Study of Turkish National Football Team.
2. Lu, Z., Assistant Professor, Fudan University, China, Kahle, L.R., Warsaw Professor of Sports MarketingUniversity of Oregon, USA, Lee, S-Y, Professor, Dongguk University, South Korea & Lee, S-M., Ph.D. Student, University of Oregon, USA. College Soccer Fan Attendance Motivations: A Functional Approach to Evidence from South Korea and China.
3. Kircova, I., Lecturer, Yildiz Technical University, Turkey. Impulse Buying Behavior of Sport Team-Licensed Merchandise.
4. Fostervold, K.A., Ph.D. Student, Molde University College, Norway. The Supply Chain of Football Players in Norwegian Football.
11:30 – 13:30 Session VI
Chairperson: Kokolakakis, T., Research Fellow, Sports Industries Research Centre, U.K.
1. Terekli, M.S., Assistant Professor, University of Anatolia, Turkey. Sponsorship in Sport Organizations: Analyze of Sponsors of Turkish Football Team in 2002 World Cup.
2. Kaiser, S., Lecturer, German Sport University Cologne, Germany, Keiner, R., Lecturer, German Sport University Cologne, Germany, & Engel, F., Lecturer, German Sport University Cologne, Germany. Culture and Tacit Knowledge in Sport Organizations.
3. Aagaard, P., Ph.D. Fellow, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark. Professionalism and the Motivation of Volunteers in Danish Sports-NGOs.
4. Zarpellon Mazo, J., Senior Lecturer, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil & Reppold Filho, A.R., Senior Lecturer, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. Sport and Cultural Identity: The Rise and Expansion of German-Brazilian Sport Associations in Porto Alegre, Brazil (1867–1945).
14:30 – 16:30 Session VII
Chairperson: Kaiser, S., Lecturer, German Sport University Cologne, Germany.
1. Davila, S., MS Student, Pontifical Catholic University, Ecuador. When Sport Becomes Economics in the Third World: Economics of Sport in Ecuador from the Public Sector Point of View.
2. Kokolakakis, T., Research Fellow, Sports Industries Research Centre, U.K. The Importance of Sport Gambling in the UK Leisure Spending and the Revolutionaisation in the UK Gaming Sector.
16:30 PASEM General Assembly
(Place: Rozalia Tavern, 58 Valtetsiou str., Exarcheia Square, Tel.: 210-330-2933)
Wednesday, June 1st, 2005
One-Day Cruise (includes Lunch)
Bus Departure from the Conference Hotel to the
08:30 Boat Departure
19:30 Return to the Conference Hotel from the Port